Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks

To all,

With Thanksgiving approaching I have spent some time on Thanksgiving reflection. For the first time that I can remember in my life I am having difficulty giving out a blanket Thank You God! Certainly not all the blessings in my life have been removed, but the loss of Diane and the blessing she has been to me has left a big void in having a thankful Thanksgiving. I know I was blessed overwhelmingly, beautifully, powerfully for so many years with Diane, and now there truly is that void. Because all that you have meant to Diane and myself, especially during the last year plus of her life, I felt I wanted to tell you this. But there is so need to dwell on this within this email.

But really a no brainer during this Thanksgiving season, is a huge blanket of thanks for all you have meant to us during this last year and a half. Your loving support, encouragement and prayers brought us through to where the fight against CA ended on November 1. Also all the practical assistance that you have given to us – everything from being ride companions, to shot clots, to child minders, to cooks, to giving special things to the kids, to….so much & more to thank you for.

Since November 1 I have heard from so many of you about what Diane’s presence in your life has meant to you. This happened during the wake and the luncheon after the funeral. It happened in cards and letters. So many emails and phone calls coming from so many of you. It is spoken about in the Guest Book of Newday’s Death Notice (http://www.legacy.com/Newsday/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=119709141) Please read through it and add to it if you are so inclined, I love reading them and through the years I expect that it will be good to read them over and over again with the girls. A great way to remember what a tremendous gift my wife, their mother was to us and to so many others.

So many wonderful things she has meant to so many of us. And so often the comments include phrases such as feeling blessed, of being thankful just for being a part of her life. And that is what I feel toward all you wonderful people during this Thanksgiving season – blessed and thankful that you chose to be in our lives, to take this journey with us. May you and your loved ones have a wonderful Thanksgiving day.

Love, George

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Dear George,

You have been in our thoughts and prayers over the last week especially. Please know that you have so many people who love you all and are lifting you up in prayer.

Love,
Debbie & family

Diane's Family said...

I think I have finally figured how to enter a comment, just click the link connected to # comment at the end of each entry! Thanks for the lesson.